Information about Energy Healing Schools
Energy healers administer holistic and spiritual treatments to those suffering from a variety of ailments. Though scientific literature is either inconclusive or dismissive of the practice, thousands of individuals visit energy healers for every physical complaint. To learn how they too can effectively use energy healing to promote wellbeing and health in others, individuals should seek out training and education in the practice.
What Energy Healing Schools Have to Offer
Different energy healing schools approach the practice in very different ways and may even have different names for what they do. Whether it’s called energy healing, spiritual therapy, Reiki or Qigong, there are some shared things that nearly all energy healing schools will teach. Here are a few of the courses that students can expect:
• Energy Awareness: Discover the basics of kinesthetic awareness, chi, auras, electromagnetic fields, and the most common blockages to healthy energy flow through the body.
• Anatomy and Physiology: Learn the root causes of many of the most common ailments by understanding the body and its components.
• Basic Therapy and Reading: Uncover the basic fears, stressors, and traumas that negatively impact the individual’s health and wellbeing.
• Meditation: Study different meditation techniques for the self and others and learn how to help others reach relaxation.
The best way for individuals to learn how to administer energy therapy practices is by taking courses at and receiving certification from any of the leading energy healing schools in the country. Though nearly every massage school or community college offers a course or two in energy healing, only a full program dedicated to energy therapy can equip students with the skills they need.
• Earthwalk Institute of Healing Arts in Bellevue, Washington
• Southwest Institute of Healing Arts in Tempe, Arizona
• World School of Massage & Holistic Healing Arts in Corte Madera, California
• International Professional School of Bodywork in San Diego, California
• Barbara Brennan School of Healing in Boca Raton, Florida
• Soma Institute in Chicago, Illinoi
• East-West School of Integrative Healing Arts in Coralville, Iowa
• SpaTech Institute in multiple cities in the Northeast
• Virginia School of Massage in Charlottesville, Virginia
• Energy Healing Institute in Boston, Massachusetts
Students can also learn some of the basic concepts of energy healing by taking one of the many online courses available. Students should still seek out opportunities to gain hands-on experience.
• The School of Chi Energy Training
• National College of Natural Medicine
• Bastyr University
How to Prepare
All students who enter energy healing schools must be at least 18 years of age. They do not have to have completed a high school education, but they must be able to understand complex notions of health, spiritual wellbeing, and the interplay of the body. Potential students must also possess a minimal level of mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical health, because it is more difficult to counsel and treat others if the healer is likewise suffering from imbalances. To take upper level courses in energy healing, students must have completed the basic classes first.
An education in energy healing can help those with a passion and motivation to help others learn how to do so effectively, safely, and ethically. Prospective students should be careful to find a school that complements their own view of the world and their ideas about holistic, spiritual, and therapeutic energy healing.